Mr. Park practices in the areas of aviation litigation, subrogation, civil litigation, and insurance coverage. He has represented major airlines, pilots, airports, maintenance facilities, aerial applicators, fixed base operators, and air ambulances in civil suits across the Southeast. Mr. Park has also successfully defended suits involving product liability, motor vehicle accidents, and medical malpractice in state and federal court. In the subrogation context, he has actively participated in the recovery of over $3 million in connection with aviation, fire, water, and Carmack Amendment claims.
Mr. Park was born in Griffin, Georgia. He attended the University of Georgia where he received a B.A. in History, magna cum laude, in 2007. He then attended the University of Mississippi School of Law where he graduated in the top ten percent of his class, magna cum laude, in 2010. During law school, Mr. Park served as a member of the Mississippi Law Journal’s editorial board.
Mr. Park previously worked with an insurance defense firm in Bluefield, West Virginia. Mr. Park remains an active member in good standing with the State Bar of Virginia and West Virginia, in addition to his membership with the State Bar of Georgia. He has been admitted to practice in every state, federal, and appellate court in Georgia as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and Eleventh Circuit. Mr. Park serves as the editor of the Aviation Law Section Newsletter and is a member of the Young Lawyers Division Ethics & Professionalism Committee.
Mr. Park has authored numerous scholarly articles (see below) and taught various CLE courses related to aviation and civil defense, including the Montreal Convention, indemnity, and default judgments. Outside of the office, he enjoys playing soccer, attending church, and spending quality time with his wife and sons.
Areas of Practice
West Virginia, 2011
J.D., magna cum laude – 2010
Editorial Board of the Mississippi Law Journal
University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
B.A., magna cum laude – History – 2007
- A Crisis of (Bad) Faith: The Insurer’s Options When Multiple Liability Claims Exceed Policy Limits, Aviation Insurance Association, The Binder (Winter 2019)
- Do’s and Don’ts When Handling a Product Liability Matter in Georgia, Georgia Bar Journal (Aug. 2019)
- The Lawyer’s Guide to Drafting a Satisfactory Answer, Virginia State Bar Young Lawyers Conference Practice Tips Series (2018), available at http://www.vsb.org/site/conferences/ylc/pt35
- Circumstantial Evidence of Negligence: The Need for Clarification in Mississippi, 85 Miss. L.J. Supra 3 (2016).
- Aviation 101: Protecting Navigable Airspace, State Bar of Georgia – Aviation Law Section Newsletter (Summer 2016)
- Aviation 101: The Montreal Convention, State Bar of Georgia – Aviation Law Section Newsletter (Summer 2014)
- Unique Coverage Issues in Flood Losses (with Wayne Taylor and Sean O’Brien), 48 A.B.A. Tort Trial & Ins. Prac. L.J. 619 (2013)
- What to Reasonably Expect in the Coming Years from the Reasonable Expectations of the Insured Doctrine, 49 Willamette L. Rev. 165 (2012)
- Fixing Faults in the Current Default Judgment Framework, 34 Campbell L. Rev. 155 (2011)
- Automobile Consent Searches: The Driver’s Options in a Lose-Lose Situation, 14 Rich. J.L. & Pub. Int. 461 (2011)
- Opportunities for Protecting Instream Flows in Mississippi, Miss. Dep’t of Wildlife, Fisheries & Parks (Dec. 2008) (with Timothy M. Mulvaney), available at http://masglp.olemiss.edu/Opportunities.pdf
Speeches and Presentations
- CLE presentation, Atlanta Bar Association, Life of a Trial 2.0 – The Litigator’s Toolbox Series: Rule 30(b)(6) Witness Strategy, December 2019
- CLE presentation, 52nd Annual SMU Air Law Symposium, Dallas, April 2018, Indemnity Agreements in the Aviation Community: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- CLE presentation, State Bar of Georgia Aviation Law Section, Atlanta, April 2016, Daubert Challenges in Air Crash Litigation
- CLE presentation, National Academy of Continuing Legal Education, April 2015, The Montreal Convention: Rules and Regulations that Govern and Affect Most International Flights
- CLE presentation, Atlanta, September 2014, Indemnity 101: Tips from Lessons Learned
- Group Leader, Orientation on Professionalism, Univ. of Georgia School of Law, August 2014
- Panel Speaker, American Conference Institute Aviation Claims & Litigation Conference, Chicago, May 2014, The Latest Developments and Trends in Liability Apportionment and Contractual Indemnity Issues
- CLE presentation, National Academy of Continuing Legal Education, November 2013, What to Reasonably Expect in the Coming Years from the Reasonable Expectations of the Insured Doctrine
- Dismissal of a city government and airport in a wrongful death stowaway case in North Carolina that garnered national coverage.
- Summary judgment for a product manufacturer in a Gwinnett County case involving two deaths and two personal injuries.
- Summary judgment for a maintenance facility in a plane crash suit filed in DeKalb County.
- Dismissal of a local airport authority following the death of a child on the premises.
- Summary judgment for an insurer in a coverage suit filed in a Georgia federal court following a disputed fire loss.