Established Atlanta law firm seek a litigation associate with 1-3 years’ experience for its Insurance Litigation practice. We are looking for an attorney with strong analytical, writing and verbal skills and solid academic credentials. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience in litigation defense or insurance coverage work. Applicants should have a commitment to client development activities. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated attorney interested in a thriving litigation practice. We offer a comprehensive benefits package. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defense of personal injury cases for trucking, premises liability, and lawsuits involving a broad range of insurance defense claims.
- Defense of first party insurance cases, primarily representing insurance companies
- Legal research and preparation of coverage opinion letters
- Responsible for files from beginning to completion, including corresponding with clients and opposing counsel.
- Prepare written discovery, summary judgment motions, and motions in limine.
- Attend depositions, hearings and trials.
- Work individually and as part of a team.
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- JD from accredited law school
- 1-3 years of workplace experience
- Georgia Bar Admission
- Excellent analytic, writing and verbal skills
- Demonstrates ability to independently produce quality work product
- Excellent attention to detail, including working with document intensive cases
- Strong organizational and case management skills, including managing numerous cases at once
- Ability to work on a collaborative team and effectively utilize other professionals
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Strong client acquisition and development ability
- Strong commitment to continued client development activity
Resumes with cover letter to be emailed to email@example.com
We offer a competitive starting salary and a comprehensive benefits package, along with the opportunity for growth. We are an equal opportunity (M/F/V/D) employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.