We have an exciting opportunity for a Litigation Associate with 3 – 5 years’ experience to join our Transportation, Construction, Aviation, Subrogation, Premises Liability, Medical Malpractice, & Negligent Security Litigation practice areas in our Dunwoody office.
Mozley, Finlayson & Loggins LLP has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing firms in Atlanta, was voted 2022 Best of Perimeter: Best Law Firm, and its attorneys have been selected as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Our litigation attorneys represent businesses of all types nationally, regionally, and throughout the State of Georgia in catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases in all state and federal courts throughout Georgia.
The attorneys at Mozley, Finlayson & Loggins LLP have extensive experience representing Fortune 100 companies, drivers, and liability insurers in the transportation industry, including motor carriers, package delivery companies, rideshare companies, ambulances, utilities, and other commercial motor vehicle operators. MF&L attorneys also have extensive experience handling liability claims on behalf of property owners and managers, including retail, restaurant, multifamily, other commercial properties, contractors, and subrogated insurers.
As a Litigation Associate, you’ll have the opportunity to work on interesting, challenging, and groundbreaking cases in collaboration with senior attorneys.
- Experience with a broad range of civil litigation, such as construction, transportation, aviation, premises liability, general liability, insurance defense, product defect, medical malpractice, subrogation, and other tort claims
- Meaningful litigation experience in the following areas: drafting pleadings, responding to and issuing discovery, drafting motions, and supporting memoranda, conducting legal research, managing document productions, taking and defending depositions, and interacting with clients on a daily basis
- Prepare for trial from the outset of a case through completion
- Defense of first party insurance cases, primarily representing insurance companies
- Keen problem-solving and people skills
- Draft appellate motions and briefs
- Negotiate settlements informally and at mediations and settlement conferences
- Commit to becoming a strong civil litigator and trial lawyer
- Work individually and as part of a team
What We Are Looking For: Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Georgia Bar Admission required; admission to federal district courts in Georgia preferred
- JD from accredited law school
- 3-5 years of relevant workplace experience, including experience with a broad range of civil litigation, such as insurance defense, motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, general liability, and other tort claims
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to independently produce quality work product
- Excellent attention to detail at all times
- Strong organizational, case management, and time management skills, including managing numerous cases at once
- Ability to work on a collaborative team and effectively utilize other professionals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Strong client acquisition and development ability
- Strong commitment to continued client development activity
What We Provide
We provide competitive salary and benefits at all levels. We provide comprehensive training, CLE opportunities, and hands-on learning by working side-by-side with our partners. We invest in our attorneys to advance in their careers by providing opportunities for substantive client contact as well as significant involvement in case strategy and management.
Mozley, Finlayson & Loggins is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.