Mozley, Finlayson & Loggins LLP is looking to hire two Litigation Associates with 3 – 5 years of experience to join our growing practice groups in Transportation, Construction, and Premises Liability. We are looking for motivated defense litigators who want hands-on experience throughout the entire litigation process, from pre-suit investigation through discovery, trial, and appeals. Our associates work closely with partners, other associates, and the clients as an integrated team to achieve our client’s goals with the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and competence.
Mozley, Finlayson & Loggins LLP has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing firms in Atlanta and was voted 2022 Best of Perimeter: Best Law Firm, and its attorneys have been selected as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Our litigation attorneys represent businesses of all types nationally, regionally, and throughout the State of Georgia in catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases in all state and federal courts throughout Georgia.
The attorneys at Mozley, Finlayson & Loggins LLP have extensive experience handling liability claims on behalf of property owners and managers, including retail, restaurant, multifamily, and other commercial properties. MF&L attorneys also have extensive experience representing drivers, liability insurers, and companies in the transportation industry, including motor carriers, package delivery companies, motor coaches, utilities, and other commercial motor vehicle operators.
The successful Litigation Associate candidate will have:
- Experience with a broad range of civil litigation, such as insurance defense, construction, product defects, motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, general liability, and other tort claims
- Meaningful litigation experience in the following areas: drafting pleadings, responding to and issuing discovery, drafting motions, and supporting memoranda, legal research, managing document productions, and taking and defending depositions
- Experience preparing for trial from the outset of a case through the completion
- Keen problem-solving and people skills
- History of negotiating settlements informally and at mediations and settlement conferences
- Commitment to becoming a strong civil litigator
- The ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Georgia Bar Admission is required; admission to federal district courts in Georgia preferred
- JD from an accredited law school and admitted to the GA Bar
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently and proactively produce quality work product
- Excellent attention to detail at all times
- Strong organizational and case management skills, including managing numerous cases at once
- The ability to work on a collaborative team and effectively utilize other professionals
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Strong client acquisition and development ability
- Strong commitment to continued client development activity
We provide competitive salaries and benefits at all levels. We provide comprehensive training, CLE initiatives, industry credentialing, and hands-on learning by working side-by-side with our partners. We invest in our attorneys to advance in their careers by providing opportunities for substantive client contact as well as significant involvement in case strategy and management.
Mozley, Finlayson & Loggins LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
It is an essential job requirement to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for this role. Along with your resume please make sure to submit a writing sample.