We have an exciting opportunity for a Litigation Associate with 5 – 7 years’ experience to join our firm’s practice in the following areas: Transportation, Premises Liability/Negligent Security, Foodborne Illness / Restaurant & Retail Liability, and Utilities Litigation.
Mozley, Finlayson & Loggins LLP has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing firms in Atlanta, was voted 2022 Best of Perimeter: Best Law Firm, and its attorneys have consistently been selected as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Our litigation attorneys represent businesses of all types nationally, regionally, and throughout the State of Georgia in catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases. We practice in both state and federal courts, representing clients at the pre-trial, trial, and appellate phases of litigation.
The attorneys at Mozley, Finlayson & Loggins LLP have extensive experience representing companies in the transportation industry, including motor carriers, package delivery companies, motor coaches, utilities, and other commercial motor vehicle operators. We also have extensive experience handling liability claims on behalf of property owners and managers, including retail, restaurant, multifamily, and other commercial properties.
As a Litigation Associate, you will have the opportunity to work on interesting, challenging, and groundbreaking cases in close collaboration with senior attorneys. You will:
- Draft pleadings, respond to and issue discovery, draft motions and supporting memoranda, conduct legal research, manage document productions, take and defend depositions, and interact with clients on a daily basis
- Prepare for trial from the outset of a case through completion
- Defend first party insurance cases, primarily representing insurance companies
- Negotiate settlements informally and at mediations and settlement conferences
- Draft appellate motions and briefs
- Commit to becoming a strong civil litigator and trial lawyer
- Work individually and as part of a team
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Georgia Bar Admission required; admission to federal district courts in Georgia preferred
- JD from accredited law school
- 5-7 years of relevant workplace experience, including experience with a broad range of civil litigation, such as insurance defense, motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, general liability, foodborne illness, and other tort claims
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently produce quality work product
- Excellent attention to detail at all times
- Keen problem-solving and people skills
- Strong organizational, case management, and time management skills, including managing numerous cases at once
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Strong client acquisition and development ability
What We Provide
We provide competitive salary and benefits at all levels. We provide comprehensive training, CLE opportunities, and hands-on learning by working side-by-side with our partners. We invest in our attorneys to advance in their careers by providing opportunities for substantive client contact as well as significant involvement in case strategy and management.
Mozley, Finlayson & Loggins LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and accept applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.