We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Insurance Coverage Associate with 5 – 8 years’ experience in first-party and bad faith insurance coverage litigation.
Mozley, Finlayson & Loggins LLP has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing firms in Atlanta, was voted 2022 Best of Perimeter: Best Law Firm, and its attorneys have consistently been selected as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Our attorneys represent businesses of all types nationally, regionally, and throughout the State of Georgia. We practice in both state and federal courts, representing clients at the pre-trial, trial, and appellate phases of litigation. MF&L’s insurance coverage practice is a national practice, providing our attorneys with the opportunity to represent clients in courts throughout the country.
As a Senior Insurance Coverage Associate, you will have the opportunity to work on interesting, challenging, and groundbreaking cases in close collaboration with senior attorneys. You will:
- Draft pleadings, respond to and issue discovery, draft motions and supporting memoranda, conduct legal research, manage document productions, take and defend depositions, and interact with clients on a daily basis
- Defend first party insurance cases, primarily representing insurance companies
- Analyze coverage during claim investigations
- Draft coverage evaluations and recommendations
- Draft proposed provisions or suggested revisions to insurance policies
- Draft and revise insurance policy forms
- Negotiate settlements informally and at mediations and settlement conferences
- Prepare for trial from the outset of a case through completion
- Draft appellate motions and briefs
- Commit to becoming a strong civil litigator and trial lawyer
- Work individually and as part of a team
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Member of Georgia bar or eligible for Georgia bar membership
- Admission to federal district courts in Georgia required
- JD from accredited law school
- 5-8 years of relevant workplace experience, including experience with first-party and bad faith coverage matters
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently produce quality work product
- Excellent attention to detail at all times
- Keen problem-solving and people skills
- Strong organizational, case management, and time management skills, including managing numerous cases at once
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Strong client acquisition and development ability
What We Provide
We provide competitive salary and benefits at all levels. We provide comprehensive training, CLE opportunities, and hands-on learning by working side-by-side with our partners. We invest in our attorneys to advance in their careers by providing opportunities for substantive client contact as well as significant involvement in case strategy and management.
Mozley, Finlayson & Loggins LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and accept applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are interested in this opportunity email your resume to email@example.com