Edward C. Bresee Jr.
800-352-1103 (Toll Free)
Direct Contact: 404-845-1947
Mr. Bresee joined the firm in 1991 and has been an equity partner since 1998. His practice includes aviation ligitation, subrogation litigation, products liability litigation, first-party insurance defense, and insurance coverage. Prior to joining the firm, he served three years as an Assistant District Attorney where he gained invaluable and extensive courtroom experience trying felony criminal cases. Mr. Bresee has tried over 50 jury trials in various state and federal courts.
Mr. Bresee has lectured frequently in Georgia and throughout the country on topics including aviation litigation, insurance subrogation and bad faith law. He was honored to deliver the 2006 key note address at the 2006 SMU Air Law Symposium. He has been a trial techniques instructor at the National Institute of Trial Advocacy held annually at Emory University. Mr. Bresee has also lectured at seminars sponsored by the Aviation Section of the Georgia Bar Association and the National Association of Subrogation Professionals. Mr. Bresee has authored numerous articles including "Recent Developments in Aviation Law" (Spring 2006 Journal of Air Law and Commerce) and "The Role of the Transportation Security Administration in Aviation Litigation" (October 25, 2007 Georgia CLE Seminar).
Mr. Bresee was born in Atlanta, Georgia on November 23, 1961. He received a B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin in 1984. Mr. Bresee attended the University of Houston Law Center from 1985 to 1986 and transferred to Emory Law School in Atlanta, Georgia, where he received a J.D. in 1988. His professional memberships include the Atlanta Bar Association, the Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, the State Bar of Georgia, and the Aviation Insurance Association.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Aviation Litigation
- Subrogation Litigation
- Products Liability Litigation
- First-Party Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Georgia, 1988
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 1988
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. - 1984
- "Recent Developments in Aviation Law", Journal of Air Law and Commerce, Spring, 2006
- "The Role of the Transportation Security Administration in Aviation Litigation", Georgia CLE Seminar, October 25, 2007
- Trial Techniques Instructor, National Institute of Trial Advocacy, Emory University
- Lecturer, Aviation Section of the Georgia Bar Association
- Lecturer, National Association of Subrogation Professionals
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Atlanta Bar Association, Member
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- Aviation Insurance Association, Member